Liquin is a popular oil painting medium used by many artists of all skill levels. This medium is designed to speed up the drying time of oil paint while also enhancing its flow and transparency. Today, let’s take a closer look at using Liquin with oil paint and explore some tips for getting the best results!
First, let's discuss what Liquin is and how it works. Liquin is a synthetic resin that is added to oil paint to speed up the drying time. When added to your paint, it reduces the viscosity of the oil, making it easier to spread and blend. Additionally, Liquin creates a glossy finish and can make colors appear more vibrant and transparent on your canvas!
Now, let's explore some tips for using Liquin with oil paint:
- Use a small amount of Liquin: It's important not to use too much Liquin, as MORE IS NOT BETTER. A small amount goes a long way, so start with just a few drops and add more if needed. You’ll be surprised at how little you need!
- Mix Liquin with paint: Mix Liquin with the oil paint on your palette before applying it to your canvas. This ensures that the medium is evenly distributed throughout the paint.
- Use Liquin for underpainting: Liquin is FABULOUS for underpainting, as it allows you to work quickly and make changes to your piece without having to wait for the paint to dry. It also creates a smooth, glossy surface that is ideal for subsequent layers of paint.
- Remember to clean your brushes! It is important to clean the Liquin from your brushes thoroughly with solvent or soap and water after each use.
- Use Liquin intelligently: Liquin does contain solvents and should be used in a well-ventilated area. It's also important to avoid prolonged skin contact as it can cause irritation.
As you see, Liquin is a useful medium for oil painters who want to speed up the drying time of their paint and create a smooth, glossy finish. By using it in moderation and following these tips, you can achieve great results and improve your painting technique.
Come in and see why Liquin is our best-selling Oil Medium! Visit us in store or SHOP ONLINE TODAY!
Interested to know more? Join us in our upcoming LIQUIN WORKSHOP!